Experienced. Professional. Savvy.
I will be with you every stop of the way.
My name is Robert Kornitzer. Over the past three decades I have established a reputation for a sophisticated representation for my clients in all areas of matrimonial, law including secular (civil) and Judaic matrimonial issues.
Each person or family is different with a unique set of concerns and priorities. The “cookie-cutter” approach taken by many family lawyers today does not serve clients well. Each client deserves a personal strategy that fully addresses his or her concerns.
As one of handful of Certified Matrimonial Attorneys in Northern New Jersey and an MBA. I am in a unique position to:
Please take the time to learn about my background, view my videos, and read some of the articles on this site. I look forward to assisting you in your situation.
Kornitzer Family Law, sees your case through from start to finish
Robert B. Kornitzer brings over two decades of family law experience to your case. A past Founder and Chair of Pashman Stein Walder Hayden’s Family Law Group, he brings expertise in all aspects of family law including divorce litigation, mediation, arbitration, post-judgment litigation, custody, relocation, domestic violence, premarital agreements, asset protection agreements, grandparents’ rights, spousal and child support.
He is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney. He has been ranked by Best Lawyers as one of NJ’s top Family and Divorce attorneys for the past five years. As a dual Law and MBA degree holder from Boston University, with extensive business experience, Robert Kornitzer brings unique expertise in both the legal and financial aspects of all issues related to divorce.
Robert Kornitzer was recognized by the American Bar Association’s Military Pro Bono Project, a nationwide program that connects junior-enlisted service members in need of pro bono legal help in custody matters with volunteer attorneys throughout the nation. He proudly continues to represent active military personnel in custody and support matters.
- Certified Matrimonial Attorney by the State of New Jersey
- Qualified Mediator by the State of New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Passaic County Bar Association, Trustee (Family Law Section member; past Chair-Education Committee)
- Bergen County Bar Association (Family Law Section, Professionalism Committee)
- Barry Croland Family Inns of Court
- Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist (Passaic, Bergen)
- District V-B Ethics Committee
- CPE Seminars (Divorce Planning – A Primer for the C.P.A.; Asset Protection in the Context of Divorce Planning
- Certified Arbitrator – American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Court appointed Discovery Master